Love yourself, love your heart! In addition to incorporating the 10 healthy heart tips below, you can find nutritional support in the Vitamin Room. Staff picks are Healthy Heart Tonic from Herb Pharm, Ultimate Omega-CoQ10 from Nordic Naturals and Blood Pressure Take Care by New Chapter.
Healthy Heart Tonic from Herb Pharm contains Extracts of Hawthorn berry, leaf & flower, Cactus flower & stem, Motherwort leaf & flower and Ginger rhizome in a base of certified organic grain alcohol & distilled water.
Ultimate Omega-CoQ10 from Nordic Naturals contains concentrated omega-3 fish oil and 60 mg of Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) to create a powerful formula that supports the heart and circulatory system. Ultimate Omega +CoQ10 offers the proven cardiovascular benefits of EPA and DHA from fish oil in combination with the antioxidant and energy-producing actions of CoQ10.
Blood Pressure Take Care by New Chapter contains Grapeseed extract FutureNatantTM Proprietary blend (L. bulgaricus; S. thermophilus; B. infantis; cells’ metabolic substances), Hawthorn (flower and leaf ), Motherwort (aerial parts) extract and
Grape Skin extract. These ingredients target multiple pathways to safely maintain blood pressure already within normal levels.
1. Lose the tire: Carrying too much weight around the middle raises blood pressure.
2. Get busy with your sweetie! Sexual activity can actually lower your blood pressure and your risk for developing heart disease.
3. Color, craft and puzzle: Keep your hands busy and your mind will unwind.
4. Dancing raises your heart rate, burns calories while having a fun workout.
Studies have shown that omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the risk of dying from heart disease by a third or more.
6. Laughter really is the best medicine: Whatever tickles your funny bone, helps relieve the stress and promotes the healthy function of blood vessels.
7. Drink to your health: Moderate consumption of alcohol can raise your HDL (good cholesterol) levels, reduce blood clot formation, and help prevent artery damage.
8. Eat rich, dark chocolate, it can help stave off heart disease because of the flavonoids it contains. The higher the cacao content, the higher in antioxidants.
9. Reduce fat to no more than 30% of your daily calories and it will help cut your risk for heart disease.
10: Take time for tea: Different studies (some focusing on black tea, others on green tea) show that drinking tea can improve arterial health.