Sunday, December 2, 2012

Benched!

About 8 weeks ago I rode my mountain bike off a short bridge in an obstacle course. OUCH! I ended up with four broken ribs and a torn shoulder ligament. Unfortunately there is not much you can do for broken ribs but wait, rest, hold as still as possible and try not to sneeze. But I did find some things to help with the healing and inflammation; all of them found at Mana Foods.


Curamin: Great for reducing inflammation. I take this even when I’m not injured because it reduces soreness after tough workouts.

Doctor’s Best Proteolytic Enzymes: good for inflammation, sports injuries and trauma.

Comfrey: Comfrey contains allantoin, a chemical that helps encourage the growth of muscle, cartilage and bone. (I got the root form in the vitamin room and made a poultice and applied it to my ribs; it's not meant for internal use.)


I've just gotten the OK to slowly start training again thanks to a little help from some great products. Thank goodness because I've been going crazy sitting still.
Marie at Mana, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment