Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Athlete’s Corner: Running the House of the Sun

Here are some of my favorite things for before, during and after a long run up at Haleakala. In the morning along with my breakfast I drink a Guayaki organic energy shot, a concentrated mate drink with super food blend that keeps me going strong without the jittery feeling and subsequent crash that coffee causes.

When I’ve made it all the way down the Skyline Trail and need fortification for the way up I stop for a snack of a delicious juicy Fuji apple from our produce department along with a single serve packet of Justin’s nut butter. My favorite is the almond butter with maple sugar but you can choose from classic almond or peanut butter, peanut or almond butter with honey or peanut butter and cinnamon. These are great little packets for kid’s lunches as well.


Once I’m done with my workout and back home it’s important to have some protein to aid with muscle building and recovery. I fix myself a smoothie with Organic Clover milk and Mana’s Show Me the Whey protein powder. Sometimes I’ll throw in a banana or some berries.


And to top it all off and to keep the muscle soreness down and recovery time short I pop a couple of Curamin from Europharma. Curamin’s all natural ingredients include: Curcumin, curcuminoids, dl phenylananine, Boswellia and Nattokinase. Even after the hardest of workouts Curamin keeps me from getting sore.


Happy Trails,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment